Kremlin-loving Hillary Plays the Russia Card, Yet Again
- Original Publication can be found here: https://townhall.com/columnists/deroymurdock/2021/01/29/kremlinloving-hillary-plays-the-russia-card-yet-again-n2583911
NEW YORK — Hillary Rodham Clinton has Russia on the brain, yet again. This is no surprise, since Russia has been very, very good to her. How good? At least $152 million in revenues.
Referring to Donald J. Trump, with whom she also is obsessed, Hillary recently said on her “You and Me Both” podcast: “I would love to see his phone records to see if he was [sic] talking to Putin the day the insurgents invaded our Capitol.” She also proclaimed via Twitter: “Congress needs to establish an investigative body like the 9/11 Commission to determine Trump’s ties to Putin so we can repair the damage to our national security and prevent a puppet from occupying the presidency ever again.”
Like an infant clutching its rattler for dear life, Hillary just cannot unhand her Donald K.G.B. Trump lie.
Once again, with gusto:
The FBI and the Senate and House intelligence committees all concluded that the Left’s Trump-Russia conspiracy theory was a theory chasing a conspiracy. In April 2019, The Mueller Report drove the final railroad spike into this hoax’s coffin: “The Special Counsel confirmed that the Russian government sponsored efforts to illegally interfere with the 2016 presidential election but did not find that the Trump campaign or other Americans colluded in those schemes.”
If President Trump were Moscow’s marionette, why did he engineer so many public-policy victories that created migraines for Putin and his comrades?
• President Trump made America a net energy and petroleum exporter for the first time since 1953. This was B-A-D news for Russia, which has nearly no economy, save for oil-and-gas production.
• Trump repeatedly and publicly pressured Germany to abandon the proposed Nord Stream 2 pipeline, which would transport easily blocked Russian natural gas. Instead, Trump urged Germany to import reliable American liquefied natural gas.
• After former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, were poisoned in Salisbury, England, in March 2018, President Trump booted 12 diplomats from Russia’s Mission to the United Nations, expelled 48 Russian Embassy staffers, and padlocked Moscow’s consulate in Seattle.
• The former president pushed NATO members to pay their fair share for collective defense. In 2016, under Obama-Biden, four NATO countries dedicated the 2 percent of GDP to which they all committed. Trump cajoled the other members, and now 10 NATO allies have contributed at least that promised amount. These nine other NATO members have pledged $400 billion in non-U.S. funds through 2024 — primarily to deter Russia!
• Trump delivered Javelin missiles to Ukraine. They are designed to detonate Putin’s Red Army tanks and annihilate his soldiers within them.
Meanwhile, Hillary thinks Americans are too stupid to remember how, as secretary of state, she fortified Russia.
In a March 10, 2014, interview with First Channel TV in Moscow, Hillary promoted Obama-Biden’s vaunted “Russian Reset.” She announced: “Our goal is to help strengthen Russia.” She spoke with former USSR propagandist Vladimir Pozner. Blessed with barely accented English, Pozner spent the closing chapters of the Cold War reassuring American T.V. and radio audiences that they had no reason to fear the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
While Hillary was at State, she was among seven Cabinet secretaries and two office chiefs who composed the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States. CFIUS authorized an equity infusion in Uranium One by Rosatom (the Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation). This acquisition soon gave the Kremlin control of 20 percent of U.S. reserves of uranium— the active ingredient in hydrogen bombs.
As Peter Schweizer reported in Clinton Cash, before, during, and after this deal, Uranium One’s “shareholders involved in this transaction had transferred approximately $145 million to the Clinton Foundation or its initiatives.”
Hillary also helped Moscow establish Skolkovo, a technological initiative backed with $5 billion in Kremlin start-up funds. In her tenth month as America’s chief diplomat, she discussed Skolkovo with Russia’s then-president, Dimitry Medvedev.
“At a long meeting I had with Medvedev outside Moscow in October 2009, he raised his plan to build a high-tech corridor in Russia modeled after our own Silicon Valley,” Hillary said. “When I suggested that he visit the original in California, he turned to his staff and told them to follow up.” Medved visited Silicon Valley in June 2010.
That May, Hillary’s State Department arranged for 22 leading U.S. venture capitalists to see Skolkovo. Cisco, Google, and Intel got up, got into it, and got involved. By 2012, Skolkovo included 28 “Key Partners” in America, Europe, and Russia.
But just a year later, Klaxons cried in concern.
The U.S. Army Foreign Military Studies Program warned in 2013: “Skolkovo is arguably an overt alternative to clandestine industrial espionage.” Lucia Ziobro, a top FBI agent in Boston, explained in 2014: “The FBI believes the true motives of the Russian partners, who are often funded by their government, is to gain access to classified, sensitive, and emerging technology from the companies.”
National security threat? So what? The Clintons got paid!
According to From Russia with Money, an August 2016 study by Schweizer’s Florida-based Government Accountability Institute, 17 “Key Partners” in Skolkovo donated between $6.5 million and $23.5 million to the Clinton Foundation.
So, Hillary’s Russian collusion roared on.
In 2016, Hillary’s campaign and the Democrat National Committee financed former British spy Christopher Steele’s so-called “dirty dossier” on Trump. Steele’s sources proved to be Russian agents who peddled lies about the GOP standard bearer/Hillary’s opponent for the White House.
Through Steele, the DNC, Hillary, and their allies in the Left-wing media, these disinformation-spewing Russians interfered in 2016’s election. They befouled this face-off with lies about Trump, not least that he paid two hookers to urinate on him in a Moscow hotel room. Rather than focus voters on her wafer-thin platform, Hillary instead had them debate that delightful image.
Hillary Rodham Clinton is in no position to lecture anyone about Russian ties. She helped Vladimir Putin and the Kremlin get their sticky fingers on American uranium, steal U.S. high technology, and pump its lies directly into 2016’s presidential contest. In the process, via Russia-strengthening deals alone, Hillary and the Clinton Crime Family pocketed between $152 million and $173 million.
Today, more than yesterday: Lock her up!